WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TO QUIT SMOKING
The only way to stop smoking successfully is to begin the journey immediately. However, you will need to be mentally and emotionally ready for the challenges ahead. The greatest motivation you can have when it comes to quitting smoking is to quit because of yourself. Fight the battle for yourself and not for others. It is crucial that you develop the right quitting strategy and plan that you will follow when you begin your journey. Here is some info that will be useful in on the way to quitting smoking.
THE FIRST THING TO DO
Usually, you will not fight the hardest battle in your journey to quit smoking on the first day. It is crucial that you decide on the specific date that you intend to finally quit. The next thing is to doing everything possible to stick to the date you have chosen. Write down why you intend to quit smoking, either on a piece of paper or in a book. Read your reasons out loud before and after the date you chose.
The next thing is to develop a strategy. This will get you to work, and keep you motivated and focused. Here are a few tips to begin;
- Pen down your smoking triggers. These triggers include the reasons you smoke, what you do while smoking and your favorite smoking time. The next thing is to determine how to avoid these triggers with every ounce of strength that you can muster.
- Create a stop-smoking period in your day. These are specific times of the day that you have chosen not to smoke. For example, after dinner or during a work break. These periods will serve as a buffer before you finally quit smoking.
- The next thing is to avoid being idle. To achieve this, you need to create new activities to replace smoking. This may include chewing especially flavored gums, vaping, or taking a walk. Begin these activities whenever you feel the urge to smoke. Visit this website for smoking alternatives.
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your decision to quit smoking. In most cases, he will prescribe nicotine replacement patches or gum to help control the cravings.
- Inform your family and friends about your decision to quit smoking. Their love and support will go a long way to helping you achieve this goal.
WHY PEOPLE GET ADDICTED TO SMOKING
The substance that is responsible for the cigarette addiction of smokers is a substance known as nicotine. It wires your brain to depend on it. The result of this is intense cravings and the initial satisfaction that comes with smoking a cigarette. Your brain then begins to anticipate your favorite smoking periods, hence, the nicotine withdrawal symptoms when you choose to quit.
HOW HARD IS IT TO QUIT SMOKING?
The answer may vary depending on the number of cigarettes you smoke daily or if you have friends that encourage smoking. It will also depend on the reasons why you smoke in the first place.
Make sure that you focus on the reasons that you intend quitting. In most cases, you will get through the withdrawal symptoms just a few hours after it begins.